[Magdalen] In Christ Alone

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Mon May 8 15:08:19 UTC 2017

In a message dated 5/8/2017 10:40:46 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
jay.weigel at gmail.com writes:

What  think ye  all?>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

It's nice to encounter a hymn in this contemporary style that  has
a nice, Christocentric text.

I like the barbershop quartet version better than the female
singer with all the accompaniment.

I wonder how a non-professional congregation would do with
this hymn?

And I must confess the hymn (really anything!) suffers in contrast to what
is surely one of the greatest motets of the past century, the Morten
Lauridsen
"O Magnum Mysterium."  Here it is sung by the Winchester
Cathedral Choir in their stalls in the great choir (architectural) of
the Church.

Thanks for this!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjiiF83q7G0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkIDNnZ9pMk