[Magdalen] Uber or Lyft drivers?

ME Michaud michaudme at gmail.com
Thu May 11 13:58:37 UTC 2017

Two of my former colleagues drive for Uber (to supplement their full-time
income, I'm afraid).
One of them had to buy a new car to qualify, so he hasn't broken even yet.
And insurance is an issue (Uber doesn't cover you or your vehicle or your
passengers).

I'm afraid Uber has had very bad press here. After several reported rapes
(one victim was fourteen years old) the Commonwealth forced Uber to allow
background checks. They found 5,100 drivers who were deemed ineligible,
including several dozen registered sex offenders. Even Uber 's harshest
critics were shocked at the number. So they might be desperate for
non-criminal drivers.

That said, the church situation sounds awful. BTST, alas. Hope your bishop
is behaving competenly.
-M