[Magdalen] Uber or Lyft drivers?

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Thu May 11 16:18:00 UTC 2017

In a message dated 5/11/2017 11:22:03 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
jay.weigel at gmail.com writes:

As I  said to Mary Sicilia the other
day, Wisconsin is one-third Lutheran,  one-third Catholic, and one-third the
rest of us  >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

This is the breakdown I've always heard quoted.  One weekend
during the prime of my singing about 25 years ago, I was cantor
of a representative of each third:  (1) Faith Lutheran [ELCA};
(2) Immaculate Conception RCC; and Central Methodist
Church - all in one weekend.

The Catholics were astounded; the Methodists amused and
interested; and the Lutherans were wildly appreciative and
enthusiastic.  I must confess when I cantored the Lutheran
Liturgy, I thought of the long time pastor of the family ELCA
church in Superior, WI, Andrew Boe, who had been in the
famed Saint Olaf Choir, and sang the whole Liturgy beautifully.

There is history of a Boe dynasty in the Upper Midwest Lutheran
Church, and the main chapel at Saint Olaf College is named
the Boe Chapel after this musical family.

David S.