[Magdalen] Coffee on monitor moment

Joseph Cirou romanos at mindspring.com
Sun May 14 00:01:06 UTC 2017

-----Original Message-----

I had written a reply to Lynn and I just sent another one.I lost the first post when I tried to put a circumflex accent on excreme (not putting it on again(g) I don't know whether you saw Dan Brittain's riposte in which he advised me the Belgian Website "doudou" which is a site devoted to the folk festival celebrating the battle of St George and the Dragon. part of the music are various brass bands playing "Doudou" which is the theme song of the festival I am not sure whether "Doudou" is a French cognate or not, but it certainly inspires us to "weep for mirth" to quote Cardinal Wiseman . "O Mother, I could weep for mirth" and anotherr favorite  "Let the Deep Organ Swell the Lay" in honor of St Cecilia.

As Anna Russel averred, "I'm not making this up, you know."

I ALSO  advised the worthies who are privy to this lore that the website matched two other on line sources, "The Dancing Procession of Echternacht" and the Triduum or St. Liborius from Paderborn. Both of these events feature brass bands so that is why Dan alerted me to "doudou"
Dan Brittan is a list sib on some of the Anglican or musical website to which I subscribe. He is a bandmaster and arranger and an expert in Sacred Harp music.

The Grand Duke Palaeologue aka the Despot of  Epirus has proposed to confer the Ordo Hagio Pnevmati on Dan because of his great contributions to wind instruments (wink, wink, nod nod)

Joe.