[Magdalen] Well, it Ended yesterday.

M J _Mike_ Logsdon mjl at ix.netcom.com
Sun May 14 00:18:09 UTC 2017

At 3:00, I could no longer find reasons to stay in my old, now empty workstation (though my computer and phone were still functional).  So, I waved it Good-bye, and off I went to the Newe Digges.  It's kinda amazing that the County bought such a location (though obviously the price was right), because whereas before we were along the route of thick ag truck traffic, we're now IN the thick ag truck traffic.  AND, out on the southern spur of town, as it were, so whereas before we had breezes laced with ag field topsoil, we now have huge wind permeated with ag field topsoil.  Ick.  Oh well.  I sat down in my cubicle (which is better than even some licensed engineers'), stared into the corner, and wondered how long it will take before I feel like it's "home".  Because there will be significant painting done at the old location, no one will ever truly see my "feng shui", literally pencilled on an out-jutting corner of ceiling.  I wonder what I shall scribble on this new one.  "Feng shui", or "There shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth", or "Look behind you".  I'll figure it out, I'm sure.  Most folk, including myself, have lost a lot of previously cherished "privacy", just by how things (walls, partitions, etc) were laid out.  We'll all adjust, that I know.  Through all the thick and thin and abject fear of management we've all felt over the years, we've still managed to hold on to at least a veneer of "family feel".  A few potlucks are no doubt in order.