[Magdalen] Prayer request

Lynn Ronkainen houstonklr at gmail.com
Mon May 29 04:15:34 UTC 2017

Rest In Peace Hugh and Dan, I hope you are able to figure out a way to be at your friend and colleague's funeral.
peace
Lynn

On May 28, 2017, at 10:50 PM, P. Dan Brittain <pdan.brittain at gmail.com> wrote:

Prayers for the repose of Hugh McGraw of Bremen Georgia. Hugh was largely
the driving force behind reviving the Sacred Harp tradition. He was the
last of the folks that helped me learn how to write this style of music.
Services will be Thursday at Holly Springs Primitive Baptist Church in
Bremen.

Holly Springs is a unique place, last I heard, there was only 1 member
left. The local Sacred Harp singers have maintained the building for close
to 50 years now.

I hope to drive over but am not sure I can manage the trip and be back for
services Sunday. Tonight, I am in Columbia, MO - tomorrow will be doing a
singing school near Bowling Green (near Hannibal); driving home about 5 1/2
hours tomorrow and then leave again Tuesday, just not sure.

--
P. Dan Brittain
Harrison, Arkansas

http//:pdanbrittain.com
<http://pdanbrittain.com>* <http://pdanbrittain.com/>*
Transcriptions, Arrangements and Original Compositions
Wind Band, Brass Band, Choir, and Ensembles
Commissions accepted