[Magdalen] Thanks

Ginga Wilder gingawilder at gmail.com
Wed Nov 1 20:57:38 UTC 2017

The Episcopal Church of the Good Shepherd, Summerville, SC LOVES retired
priests who supply!!  We have just passed the 5 year mark when Mark
Lawrence declared he was no longer an Episcopalian.  Most of his priests
followed suit, 'taking their parishes out of TEC.'*  Good Shepherd began
from nothing and with nothing to continue our Episcopal congregation.
Today, we are pretty much thriving!  And, we credit that much to the
faithful service of retired priests who regularly took services for years.
As of July 2017, Good Shepherd called a young retired priest as our
Priest-in-Charge.  Fr. Dow Sanderson is with us every Sunday and three
days/week in the office.  He is building relationships with other churches
in Summerville.  He is a fine preacher.  And, he is probably a bit in shock
as an AngloCatholic come to a snake-belly low church.

So, Ann, thank you for your service to your new parish.  I know how much
you, Ann, will mean to that congregation as you serve.

*SC Supreme Court ruled that this was not exactly true; we await their
ruling on whether or not they will rehear the case.  And, on Monday the two
sides - Lawrence's now ACNA diocese and TECSC begin mediation on both the
federal and state property cases.  The Lawrence church has hired a PR firm
from Washington DC to litigate the case in the media (despite the Judge's
orders not to say anything publicly until the mediation is done).  Anyone
who wants to get up to date on Good Shepherd may visit our website.  I have
just updated it.  http://www.episcopalchurchofgoodshep-summerville.org/

Yay, Ann!
Ginga

Virus-free.