[Magdalen] 234th Diocesan Convention

cantor03 at aol.com cantor03 at aol.com
Sun Nov 5 03:28:46 UTC 2017

Good Lord!

Someone must have been watching a video of Saint Gregory of Nyssa
in San Francisco.  They have picked this up from the Ethiopians.  There
are also so You Tube video clips available showing the Ethiopians using
this maneuver.

It seems rather far-fetched to be adding this tradition to a liturgy indoors.
As I understand it, the umbrellas are an aid in keeping flies and other
insects away from the liturgical action.

David S.