[Magdalen] 234th Diocesan Convention

Roger Stokes roger.stokes65 at btinternet.com
Sun Nov 5 20:20:18 UTC 2017

On 04/11/2017 23:48, Judy Fleener wrote:
> Our convention was this weekend 143rd of Western Michigan.  At our liturgy
> (indoors) we had umbrellas over the gospeller and the bishop in procession
> in and out and for the Gospel procession.  We never did it that way
> before!  It was said that this is from an Ethiopian tradition.

Never mind the supposed source of this development the pictures you
posted on Facebook lend credence to a practical value I thought of when
I first saw your comment. They show where attention should be focussed,
be it on the bishop who was presiding or where the Gospel was being
proclaimed from.

Roger