[Magdalen] Prayers for The Episcopal Church in SC

Ginga Wilder gingawilder at gmail.com
Mon Nov 6 16:41:23 UTC 2017

My dear friends, there is so much to pray for today, especially the people
of the First Baptist Church in Sutherland Springs, TX, not to mention the
culture of violence that is growing in the US.  I am praying that God's
light will shine into the evil darkness, lighting the pathway out of this
place.

My request may seem too small in comparison, except that the church is one
of the vessels of that light of God in the world.  So, I bid your prayers
for The Episcopal Church in SC and also for those who follow Mark
Lawrence.  The two parties have begun three days of mediation in the
federal court with retired Judge Joseph Anderson.

You may know that the SC Supreme court overturned the circuit court
decision in a 3-2 decision issued in August '17, giving Episcopal real and
intellectual property to TEC and TECSC.  A federal case to determine who is
the 'real bishop' of the Diocese of SC is set to be heard in March 2018.
Even so, both parties have agreed to mediate disposition of the issues in
the two faith communities.  Judge Anderson directed the parties not to say
anything publicly in support of their position until after mediation is
finished.  The Lawrence church has not followed that directive, rather
employing a Washington DC PR firm to argue their case in public.  Just
yesterday, the local paper endorsed the Lawrence church's right to the
property.  TECSC has followed the judge's directive.

My prayer is that justice will be served in this case and that the court of
public opinion will be overthrown by the civil courts.  We need a final
ruling and to move on into our separate futures unencumbered by legal muck.

Lord, have mercy.

Thank you,
Ginga Wilder

Virus-free.