[Magdalen] Andy B's take on the political turn around....

Lynn Ronkainen houstonklr at gmail.com
Thu Nov 9 00:26:22 UTC 2017

Virginia and New Jersey Elect Governors Totally Lacking Reality-Show
Experience

VIRGINIA AND NEW JERSEY (The Borowitz Report)-Throwing caution to the wind,
voters in Virginia and New Jersey on Tuesday night overturned the political
applecart and chose as their new governors two men with no reality-show
experience whatsoever.

Republican officials were staggered by the voters' decision because,
historically, reality shows have been a reliable proving ground for the
nation's finest leaders.

Ronna Romney McDaniel, the chairwoman of the Republican National Committee,
said that the voters' risky bet on two men who had never set foot on a
reality-show stage showed that the electorate was acting "emotionally and
not rationally."

"You look at the résumés of these two men and you won't find 'Survivor,' you
won't find 'Big Brother,' you won't find 'The Bachelor,' " she said. "What
we have are two individuals who are, to put it mildly, unfit for office."

"This is not normal," she said.

She gave both winning candidates credit for tapping into the angry voters'
anti-reality-show mood, but she warned, "Once these two have been in office,
I think voters will start longing for someone who had at least won an
immunity idol or swallowed a live caterpillar."

Lynn, smiling...

website: www.ichthysdesigns.com

attributed to Erma Bombeck

"Mercy and compassion are more than personal options. They are the antidotes
to that fear and hatred." Mark Singel