[Magdalen] politics and Commandments

ME Michaud michaudme at gmail.com
Fri Nov 10 12:05:25 UTC 2017

The fellow who insisted on placing a cast idol of the Ten Commandments in a
courthouse in Alabama seems to be in a bit of trouble.

We were talking about this last evening, and I suggested he might be in
violation of his beloved #2, #7 and #10. #2 because he made an idol of his
own body, #7 pretty obvious. One of our friends asked who, which
neighbor, the girl “belonged to” re: covetousness. After all, she was at
the courthouse for a custody hearing.

“She belonged to herself,” we replied.

Why do women and girls have to belong to anybody? Why do people presume
it’s some husband or father who’s been violated? Tradition, I suppose.
-M