[Magdalen] Thanksgiving Greetings

Jay Weigel jay.weigel at gmail.com
Thu Nov 23 16:53:17 UTC 2017

Happy Thanksgiving from the northern Shenandoah Valley. S/O and I are
celebrating quietly by ourselves today. We're not much into the traditional
turkey dinner so have strayed in recent years. Today I'm going Indian, and
have a turkey breast marinating in in a tandoori-style marinade with yogurt
and spices. Later today I will sear it and then pop it into my Instant Pot
for cooking. It will be accompanied by baked sweet potatoes with tamarind
butter and green beans cooked with Indian spices. For dessert, because S/O
is not all that fond of pumpkin pie. I have made a cranberry-apple-pecan
cake.

Tomorrow, although we usually don't venture out on Black Friday, we are
going to Roanoke for a gem show. We actually consider that more of a
business trip, as S/O will be recruiting vendors for our show next fall,
and I will be looking for materials for my jewelry. We also have to look at
ways to reconfigure our rock club's rock shop to accommodate the new
cabbing machine we've bought.

We are thankful for each other, for our family which has grown
exponentially this past year, for our "rocky" fellowship, and for the other
fellowships in our lives, and I am grateful for all of you.