[Magdalen] In South Carolina, it ain't over yet

Ginga Wilder gingawilder at gmail.com
Sat Nov 25 19:36:37 UTC 2017

Yes,

He said at the time something to the effect,  "I shall commit myself to
work at least as hard at keeping the Diocese of South Carolina in The
Episcopal Church, as my sister and brother bishops work at keeping The
Episcopal Church in covenanted relationship with the worldwide Anglican
Communion."

Most of the standing committees and bishops believed him.  The Episcopal
bishops kept their end of that 'bargain.'  Lawrence did not.  As a matter
of fact, during the 2014 trial in a SC circuit court, a witness for TEC, a
retired North Carolina clergyman who was interviewed as a candidate for SC
bishop, said that he was asked by the search committee if he would be
willing to take South Carolina out of TEC."  When he said no, he was no
longer in the search.  (This is part of the court record.)

Ginga Wilder