[Magdalen] Prayer request

Roger Stokes roger.stokes65 at btinternet.com
Fri Oct 6 23:19:17 UTC 2017

I will start by saying that as far as I know none of those involved have
any religious faith. The centre of the situation is Jon who, I gather,
is an alcoholic whose liver is completely shot. He has had numerous
spells in hospital but the doctors have said there is nothing more they
can do for him. He was in an induced coma which was then stopped but he
remained unconscious and on artificial ventilation. That was stopped
yesterday (Thursday) morning and preparations made to take his kidneys
for transplant when he died. That did not happen as since then he has
continued breathing and his heart beating without external support as he
remains being monitored in Intensive Care. Presumably IV nutrition and
hydration is also being supplied as that can only be removed after a
definitive decision to do so.

I know Hazel, Jon's mother, and her second husband, Fytton (not Jon's
father), rather better. For their sakes, and those of Jon's other
relatives (father and brother among them) I pray this situation does not
continue for a protracted period because of its effect on them. They
have essentially let go of Jon and are just waiting for his body to stop
working autonomously. Your prayers for a speedy resolution are sought.

Roger