[Magdalen] Fall Down Go Boom.

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Tue Oct 17 16:12:12 UTC 2017

About 4 AM yesterday, I attempted to side-step a floor fan used in the
summers
to help cool the kitchen area.  I failed, and ended up prone on the  tile
floor of the
front room.  My dogs were happy to see me down at their level, but I
wasn't happy.

I had a bloody nose, and felt rapidly swelling lower legs which eventually
reached
twice their normal size.  There was moderate pain in the legs, and  bumping
and
bruising all over.

Because of my bilateral hip replacements and weight, I cannot get up from
such
a floor position myself and need help.  My spouse is unable to provide
such help,
so it meant calling the township ambulance service who were here in  about
ten minutes, and a couple of husky men were able to raise me up.   There is
no
charge for this service if it does not result in a hospital visit.

I have fallen in recent years about once every two years.  Falling is  a
big
problem for seniors, and can lead to serious injuries, of course.   Other
than
the swelling, which is diminishing on the legs, I seem, once again, to be
no
worse for the wear.

It's all a scary event.

David S.