[Magdalen] Five Hundred Years

Grace Cangialosi gracecan at gmail.com
Tue Oct 17 19:19:44 UTC 2017

Forgive me if this is a repeat:

A few years ago, hiking up Old Rag Mountain in Shenandoah National Park, three of us saw a bear a little below us in the forest. We looked at it, it looked back, and we all went on our way. Later, coming back down, we met a couple coming up, and we asked if they had seen the bear. The woman replied, “Yes, in fact it was right in front of us on the trail. I remembered that you were supposed to make a lot of noise. The only thing I could think of was the German national anthem, so I started singing it at the top of my voice, and the bear ran down in the woods!”