[Magdalen] Happy Birthday, Scott Knitter

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Thu Oct 19 15:48:57 UTC 2017

Thank you, Marion! Trying to enjoy the rest of a week off work. Pesky crap
has a way of putting things on the agenda each day, though. Our apartment
management wants to visit today with potential buyers of the building, so
I'm stuck here unless I'm fine with them visiting the cats (I'm not). Now
watch them not show up at all. Tomorrow cat Burberry is due at the vet
again for a 10-day check after she bit a vet technician (who was warned
pilling Burberry is a two-person job and probably impossible).

Some day I'll be able to afford a nice trip, but I'm fine with staycations
in Chicago for now.

I hope and pray my colleagues have my project in good shape when I return
Monday (or maybe on the weekend, but I don't know yet). I've sent my
manager a note indicating that I'm not comfortable in the role I've been
assigned to on this project and hope she's open to making changes that put
the right people in the right roles for success. I keep trying to convince
my superiors I'm best working with content: editing, writing, researching.
Not coordinating people who do that. I keep being reassured I do the
management role well, but it takes a toll on me with constant anxiety. And
I envy those who get to write sections.

But I shouldn't be thinking about work: I was told not to "give a rat's
a**" about anything or anyone at work while I'm out. I'll do that the rest
of today and tomorrow. :) Thankful for the job and good manager and
colleagues.

On Thu, Oct 19, 2017 at 10:26 AM, Marion Thompson <marionwhitevale at gmail.com