[Magdalen] Whither Crepe Myrtle.

Grace Cangialosi gracecan at gmail.com
Fri Oct 20 11:57:09 UTC 2017

Well, David, Crape Myrtles (correct spelling, btw) aren’t usually those colors—white/pink/rose/red/lilac/purple being the range—but some are still in bloom in this area. They have a wonderfully long blooming time.

What you saw might have been lantana, especially if the varied colors were on the same shrub. They don’t usually winter over without some protection, even here, a bit south of DC. The red/orange/yellow combination is very common. They are stunning.

Grace