[Magdalen] Whither Crepe Myrtle.

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Sat Oct 21 14:28:59 UTC 2017

In a message dated 10/20/2017 6:39:02 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
lesleymdv at gmail.com writes:

I  haven’t noticed the pictures that David is talking about, but I would
have  thought that the Indian Crepe Myrtle ( we now call it largstroemia)
would  be a better pick, for it can stand some cold. It does turn red and
yellow  in autumn, but not as spectacularly as some of your American  fall

There appear to be a large number of crape myrtle species and
cultivars, come of which are truly tropical and others able to
withstand more temperate climates, though not so severe as the
USA Northeast.

David S.