[Magdalen] Please pray

Michael Bishop rev at michaelbishop.name
Sun Sep 10 19:05:37 UTC 2017

Many thanks to all for your kind notes. It has certainly been a very
special day - the church was packed and there were people there who I
would never have expected to see. After a bring and share lunch we had a
break with the bellringers from the district ringing a quarter peal to
mark the occasion. Then we had a baptism - of the 6 week old son of a
former bellring who now lives away, but the German mum learned to ring
with us and after moving to Southampton on the south coast she continued
ringing there and met her now husband - so we could claim that little
Bruno Paul was very much a child of the belfry. Mum was determined that
the baptism should be here, and she was taken by surprise by the
unexpected of her parents on a special journey from Germany just for the
occasion.

Work doesn't end until Thursday and it will keep going to the end - I
have a wedding on Tuesday and a funeral on Wednesday!

The  parishes will have the care of  a non-stipendiary associate priest
who has been doing some work with my parishes as well as working with
the neighbouring group of 7 parishes. There are bound to need to be
supply priests as well.

God bless

Michael Bishop
rev at michaelbishop.name

Rector of Boylestone, Church Broughton, Dalbury, Longford, Long Lane, Sutton-on-the-Hill & Trusley

Diocese of Derby, England