[Magdalen] Ginga

Ginga Wilder gingawilder at gmail.com
Mon Sep 11 22:04:18 UTC 2017

Sorry, I missed this post.  Our internet service has been in and out during
the storm. Right now I am thinking our router is blown.  Our phones aren't'
working.  I am writing on my cell phone which is not my preference.

John and I are fine, high and dry.  The rains continue, but will end in
several hours.  Winds have died down but still having gusts from time to
time.  We have been under tornado watch all day and still until later
tonight.  Maybe 4-6 tornado warnings for Summerville, none arrived that I
know.  So a quiet, rainy day.

Summerville is drained by a system of canals,  I imagine they have breached
the banks.

Charleston, SC is flooded badly.  At or near the flooding of Hugo '89 when
we took a direct hit.  The rye of the storm passed directly over my house,
among others.  Hugo devastated the SC low country.  Today, Irma has left us
with impassable roads on barrier islands, so we cannot yet know what damage
there is down those roads.

Thanks for checking.
Ginga