[Magdalen] Accents and Irma - combining recent threads

Lynn Ronkainen houstonklr at gmail.com
Tue Sep 12 13:43:41 UTC 2017

I can "hear" the hymn and I'm so grateful for safe passage for you and yours.
Lynn

On Sep 12, 2017, at 8:26 AM, Ginga Wilder <gingawilder at gmail.com> wrote:

The morning after Irma's winds and rains, Summerville has some flooding in
expected places.  I haven't been out but I do hear chain saws buzzing.
John has gone to work and I will venture out to prayer and study group
midday.  We will recover in short order.  Our prayers continue for those in
other areas of the country who have not fared so well with Harvey and Irma.

But, my thoughts have turned to this:

My father was born and raised in Charleston and never lost the brogue. And,
as a child, a rector at the Episcopal Church where I was raised also spoke
'Charleston.' He recited this hymn 'in Charleston brogue' on occasion.
Today, these words ring in my head and heart, and I am grateful.

O Gawd r hep n ay-jaz pass
R hup n yez toe kum
R shel-ta fum da stommy blas
N r eternal hum.