[Magdalen] The hacked mail..

Andre and Carol trevathans at comcast.net
Wed Sep 20 13:19:45 UTC 2017

I get these emails all the time, pretending to be from people I know. I'm glad Brian pointed out that this is not actually hacking your account. If you click on the name it is supposedly from, you should be able to see who it is really from, and it won't match your actual friend's email address..

Same with Facebook cloning. So easy to do, no account hacking needed. I just send the emails to my spam folder, and on Facebook I do a search, find the fake, and report it so Facebook can remove it before too many people fall for the fake friend request.

This has been happening for so long I am surprised how many people have still not encountered it. By now it doesn't even jolt my adrenalin. Ignore it, or do anything that might stop or block the cloner, maybe notify your friend you got "one of those" in his/her name, but don't worry about your account -- just the friends who might fall for something your "clone" asks them to do.

Carol T

Sent from XFINITY Connect Mobile App