[Magdalen] New call

Roger Stokes roger.stokes65 at btinternet.com
Thu Sep 28 17:35:43 UTC 2017

Looking at the diocesan website I see "The Bishop’s Officers for
Discipleship and Ministry, Mission and Evangelism, and Vocations are
Directors of three separate – though closely linked – Diocesan
Departments." I don't know what Raewynne's job description will say but
I hope she is not working for three bosses. Been there, done that, not
good. It may be that the Bishop wants the three Departments to work more
closely together, which would make sense to me, with Raewynne coming in
from outside to bring a fresh perspective. Good luck to her in that.

I don't really know the diocese but I do know that there is a
significant Conservative Evangelical faction there, including some
clergy in impaired communion with the Bishop because of their support
for the Anglican Mission in England. They are probably determined to
continue ploughing their own furrow, bringing in other bishops of the
Anglican tradition but not the Anglican Communion (such as the Church of
England in South Africa which is *not* the same as the Church of the
Province of Southern Africa to which Sally Davies belongs) to ordain the
candidates they have identified as called to the priesthood.

Roger