[Magdalen] A couple of prayer requests

Charles Wohlers chadwohl at satucket.com
Wed Apr 11 16:31:05 UTC 2018

These are both related to the church we now attend, Christ Church, Montpelier.

Please hold in your prayers Ida Lange, who has been in a nursing home for the past couple of years and now may be failing. Lee went to see her last week, and she’s been on and off of morphine lately, which is not a good sign. Ida is the wife of Willem, who hosts NH Public TV’s “Windows on the Wild” – and she’s a character in her own right. They’re both faithful parish members, and Ida attended the same parish I did as a kid in Syracuse (altho not at the same time), which kept her sane from her chaotic early family life.

The second is for Martha Holden and (Dr.) Deb Jerard, who right now are on their way to Akobo, South Sudan. Akobo is in the far east of the country, on the Ethiopian border, and Christ Church has had a relationship with the Anglican church there for some years now. The church there has recently been named seat of a new diocese and its parish priest, whom we know well, its new bishop. Martha & Deb are taking with them vestments the parish has made or restored for the new bishop – without which the archbishop won’t install him. So they will be attending his installation, along with the usual mission trip stuff (health training for the locals, etc.)

Thanks in advance,

Chad Wohlers
Woodbury, VT USA
chadwohl at satucket.com