[Magdalen] No mail...

Jay Weigel jay.weigel at gmail.com
Sat Apr 21 23:30:04 UTC 2018

Actually I believe that the composer of the hymn himself said it was about
a vision he had of Mary Magdalene on Easter morning, so there you are. I
read that somewhere.It's certainly not my favorite either, but
whatever."The Holy City", however (aka "Jerusalem") will always hold a
special place in my heart because it is one of the earlier things I
remember my dad singing, he being a devout member of what we called the
"bathroom metropolitan".On my first Easter at the Lutheran church here, the
husband of the choir director sang it and I am not embarrassed to say that
I teared up.

Lynn, your "backyard gang" sounds just like my "Swamp Rats", and it sounds
like you love them just as much. Speaking of my Swamp Rats, the youngest
became a dad for the second time last week when his wife gave birth to a 7
lb. 12 oz boy, Flynn Edward Walton. Much joy!