[Magdalen] Cosby.

Marion Thompson marionwhitevale at gmail.com
Sat Apr 28 20:09:48 UTC 2018

Anyone but me remember a 1968 British psychological thriller  Twisted Nerve with Haley Mills?  I quote “The lines of poetry quoted by the professor, "No puppet master pulls the strings on high / Proportioning our parts, the tinsel and the paint / A twisted nerve, a ganglion gone awry / Predestines the sinner or the saint" come from "Slaves" by George Sylvester Viereck.
  A young man pretends he is intellectually impaired to get close to the girl played by Hayley Mills.  To advance his chilling schemes he kills a lot of people who get in his way.

Some people, sadly, are damaged beyond repair in some way from the start, as per the lines above.  Somewhere in the movie the young man is described as a narcissistic sociopath.

Marion, a pilgrim
Sent from Mail for Windows 10