[Magdalen] Sometimes the world can be "little, tiny" in good ways.

M J _Mike_ Logsdon mjl at ix.netcom.com
Sat Apr 28 20:25:37 UTC 2018

I posted the other day about Bob Ringwald's Southwest emergency landing.  Bob, besides being Molly's dad, is the moderator of the Dixieland Jazz Mailing List of which I'm nearly a charter member (in the early days of the "publicly accessible" internet a week or two can amount to an eternity in retrospect), and all we'd seen and been able to comment on was a couple press releases spread throughout a few news organisations.  We're a small, aging, often whiny, sometimes brilliant, bunch of mouldy fygges, many of whom still remember fondly our Canadian founder whose ISP still hosts us for free, so, hey, thought I, why not try and get an update, and since I don't have Molly's cell number (must have lost it somewhere, darnit), I went to Molly's contact info page and chose the two email addresses under "Public Speaking" (the other options seemed less than amenable to such a query), wrote them, got an out of office reply from one, but....  Not long after I received an email from Bob's wife, with Bob himself giving a brief update, saying Hi to us DJMLers, etc.  (He's in hospital in Albuquerque, NM, for a couple more weeks, with all signs good.)

Did word get to him via Molly?  Directly to him via the two I emailed?  I'll never know.  But it just shows the occasional human side of "show business".  And, that an elderly, blind piano player appreciates being remembered by even the least of those many his brethren.

(Sometime I'll tell the story [again?] about how Bob once used me for a "human white cane" at a Fresno jazz festival.)

M J (Mike) Logsdon.

"Aaugh[.]" -- Charles Brown.
"Avoid dull needles and use a soft cloth." -- E Kovacs.
"...[My mouth is a] shithole..." -- 45th US President.