[Magdalen] Alfie Evans has died

ME Michaud michaudme at gmail.com
Mon Apr 30 15:43:15 UTC 2018

There was an article in the New Yorker recently:
https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2018/02/05/what-does-it-mean-to-die

The suggestion that physicians, men and women who cherish their own
intelligence, would think a non-thinking person is not alive, has stayed
with me.

I also remember my shock at hearing a physician say he’d never medicate a
patient so heavily that the patient was unable to pray. Protocols be
damned, I guess.
-M