[Magdalen] first trip to the marijuana emporium

ME Michaud michaudme at gmail.com
Fri Dec 7 14:56:46 UTC 2018

The Commonwealth has struggled (or dragged its feet) since the popular vote
in November 2016.
Despite the fact that the citizens of Boston voted 62 per cent in favor,
we have yet to see a dispensary open.
(there are a dozen medical dispensaries, but nary a one licensed for
recreational users)

So yesterday I made a field trip to Leicester, a tiny benighted place
northwest of Worcester,
the sort of place where rotting porches are propped up by two-by-fours.
The sort of place that really needs the tax revenue.

It was an altogether wonderful experience.
The workers were smart, knowledgeable, helpful and kind.
Unfortunately they were sold out of gummies.
It had been our intention to make them into Christmas tree decorations.
Now before you panic, know this:
there are no children in our living space and there never will be.
And, as odd as some of our friends may be,
not one of them is odd enough to start snacking on Christmas decorations
unless invited to do so.

The helpful sales consultant urged me to get a medical license.
He said medical users have many more options offered for purchase,
and also are excused the Massachusetts sales tax.
I did qualify for a senior discount, however.

Now this story probably won't make sense to most,
but I'll tell it anyway.
At the door the attendant leaned down and whispered,
"Are you rec?"
I didn't really understand what he was asking,
thinking he was asking if I was "wrecked."
Hahahahahaha.

Altogether a wonderful field trip.
And tonight: Tallis Scholars.
-M

PS: ob Ang, High Church worship can "wreck" you as much as Maui Wowie or
Blue Dream