[Magdalen] Prayers PLEASE!

Jay Weigel jay.weigel at gmail.com
Thu Dec 20 23:38:57 UTC 2018

I got a text from my daughter that said "mommy please call me when you
can". Now I know that any text that starts with "mommy" is sure to mean
trouble, so I called right away, and sure enough...

They had a fire last night. Thankfully it was confined to son Preston's
room in the lower level, but that room is destroyed, Preston lost all his
possessions and clothing, and the rest of the house is severely
smoke-damaged. Had Jonathan not put up fire retardant insulation etc, when
he redid the downstairs, it might have been much worse. And TBTG for kitty
Rico, whose yowls woke Preston up!! Rico is fine, although he was spooked
and would not come down from the garage roof; he's being cared for by the
next door neighbor.

Everyone is okay but still in shock. Obviously they can't stay in the house
because of smoke damage. Preston and his sisters are staying with their mom
temporarily.Betsy, Jonathan, Boogie, and Colin are in a hotel at the moment
but have been offered shelter at a friend's. Boogie is going to stay with
his dad for a few days. I suggested that they all  come up here for a
vacation after they speak with the insurance people on Saturday, and they
likely will. The Red Cross and the teachers and the kids' school have been
amazing. I'm not normally a fan of the Red Cross in major disasters, but
for stuff like this they do a good job.

 Prayers would definitely be in order, if you can spare some extra at this
time. Thanks.