[Magdalen] Happy birthday, Malcolm

Rick Mashburn ricklmashburn at gmail.com
Fri Dec 21 06:34:14 UTC 2018

It's hard to believe but my dog, Malcolm, turned 10 years old today! He
came to live with me at 10 weeks old so we've been together for almost his
entire life.

He has slowed down some but he's still a happy boy and he loves to chase
squirrels! We've been giving him glucosamine chews for a year or so. He was
having trouble with the stairs but the chews have really helped him.
And...he thinks they are a treat!

It makes me sad to see all the gray hair on his head. (Then again, I'm not
so glad to see all the gray hair on my head! ) Sometimes I wish I had
picked a breed with a longer lifespan but he's been the perfect dog for me.
And he's learned to like Alex. I was worried about that at first but they
have worked it out.

He is the first dog I've had as an adult. He's been such a blessing and I'm
so grateful that God brought us together. I look forward to many more years!

Thanking God tonight for all our fur babies!

Peace, Rick