[Magdalen] Merry Christmas

cady soukup cadyasoukup at gmail.com
Wed Dec 26 13:29:00 UTC 2018

Blessings to all on this second day of the Christmas season,

We had a very low-key Christmas with first son & family (Sunday
afternoon), 3rd son home from Washington state, second son & family
(yesterday), daughter home from Harrisonburg, VA (Shenandoah Valley)
where she now resides. Limited "decorations" (Advent calendar is all),
self-grazing sandwich/buffet meal, no alcohol, everything suitable for
the 3-year-old granddaughter who is of an age to be transfixed by the
doll house her grandpa made for her aunt (#3 son helped her to her
heart's content to play with the dolls and furniture for nearly 90
minutes!). Everyone commented what a "relief from the storm" it was
just to relax. No buttons pushed, lots of simple conversation, no time
on social media or electronics. A true break in our daily patterns.

Yesterday's service - simple eucharist, no music - another small,
welcome gap. It was surprisingly well attended, with several new
faces, even a young couple (ho both came to the table for blessing yet
neither took communion).

Quiet joy brings its own quiet blessings. I am grateful for the space
to welcome and recognize it.

hugs - Cady