[Magdalen] Merry Christmas

Jay Weigel jay.weigel at gmail.com
Wed Dec 26 22:04:02 UTC 2018

No church for me, as we celebrate Nativity on Jan. 6, and I am still not
sure where I will celebrate that, as my experience with the local ROCOR
church has left me with an extremely bad taste for them.  Perhaps with the
Ukrainians near Charlottesville.

I'm still down and exhausted with this cold/bronchitis, but we have my
daughter and her two boys from Tennessee. They've been in a hotel since the
fire but she needed a respite in a home. It's been fun but she did have a
rough patch yesterday afternoon, probably brought on by low blood sugar. We
had a big smoked turkey with all the trimmings last night. I'm just happy
that everyone is safe and healthy and that the house wasn't damaged more
than it is, and that Jonathan had the foresight to put the fire-retardant
insulation in.