[Magdalen] The Elephant in the List.

Ann Markle ann.markle at aya.yale.edu
Thu Feb 1 20:40:26 UTC 2018

Winter white is a definite “thing,” David, though I can’t say I care much
for the look. Even a (male) clothes horse can’t be expected to be fully in
the know as far as women’s fashion. I’m just not a fan of white clothing,
period; I’ve honestly never seen a woman wear a pair of white pants without
her underwear showing (though I don’t notice much anymore, and now there
are Spanx! And underwear showing through, even nude colored, is so tacky.
My personal rule (it just looks better on me, probably because of my
“classic pear shape”) is to wear darker colors on my bottom half, and if I
wear something lighter, it goes on the top half. These days I wear mostly
leggings and tunic length tops, and nothing that’s fitted tight.
Occasionally a skirt, with tights underneath, and that when I’m
“clergying.” And white on men looks like the Mafia to me, unless it’s the
tropics (shirts excepted, of course).

--
Ann

The Rev. Ann Markle