[Magdalen] Punxsutawney Phil.

P. Dan Brittain pdan.brittain at gmail.com
Sat Feb 3 15:08:31 UTC 2018

On Sat, Feb 3, 2018 at 8:18 AM, Grace Cangialosi <gracecan at gmail.com> wrote:

> Is that the “When we’ve been there ten thousand years..” verse? I love it!

​Yes - look at the rest of the verses - it doesn't fit. (not saying I don't
like it I do; but it's not part of that hymn - most sources don't include
it with JMHH either but if you look at the text, it does go with it).​

​When we've been there has become a bit of a "wandering refrain,"​ used
when you are singing in common meter and need another verse - everyone
knows it.