[Magdalen] Punxsutawney Phil.

Joseph Cirou romanos at mindspring.com
Sat Feb 3 16:08:20 UTC 2018

-----Original Message-----

My mother's favorite hymn was On This Day O Beautiful Mother. She had it sung at her wedding, and for a time it was as popular among RC's as the Ave Maria. So we frequently sang it on their wedding anniversary, not every celebration but often enough. That was the closing hymn at  her funeral and that is when I lost it. Quite suddenly. They turned the casket around, and I was very much in control until that moment I think the hymn had already started. Otherwise it was a very proper musical funeral and my father's was magnificent.

changing the subject.

On the Synaxis of Simeon and Anna, I finish taking down all the Christmas decorations.

Joe