[Magdalen] Shrove Tuesday.

cantor03 at aol.com cantor03 at aol.com
Tue Feb 13 16:17:45 UTC 2018

I didn't go off to Confession today to have my sins "shriven,"
but I did have a breakfast of pancakes.  They were made by our
"aide in attendance" person who's at the house a couple of
hours several days a week.

The pancakes were topped off by butter (well, margarine) and
some of the lovely Polish raspberry syrup we inherited from
a former house-cleaner who was born in Poland.

There will be no beads and jazz bands marching through the
streets in the Pennsylvania Poconos, but the snow is almost
melted, and we have a series of days into the 50's F (12 C)
and even 60's F (15 C).

And so Lent begins tomorrow, despite Valentines Day and
all that falderal.

David S.