[Magdalen] Can't See the Forest for the Trees.

cantor03 at aol.com cantor03 at aol.com
Tue Feb 13 17:13:13 UTC 2018

(Olympic Tangent)

These coastal mountains of Korea, site of the current
Winter Olympics, are interesting to me dendrologically.
There are at least three confers native to Korea:
Korean Pine (Pinus Koraiensis), Korean Fir (Abies Koriana)
and Korean Spruce (Picea Koraiensis) as well as such as
the Japanese Larch that grows in Korea.

I had examples of all of them on my property in Wisconsin,
where they seemed very comfortable and prospered.

These mountains of the Korean Olympics are probably loaded
with these conifers, but I can't make them out in the television
coverage, because the olympic competitors get in
the way!

Anyway, these Korean mountains look gorgeous.

David S.