[Magdalen] Lenten Madness

James Oppenheimer-Crawford oppenheimerjw at gmail.com
Fri Feb 16 06:41:49 UTC 2018

Lenten Madness has begun and started with a smack-down between Peter and
Paul.

It looks like Peter is edging out Paul.

Several folks claimed that Peter was the patron of screw-ups, but it seems
to me Paul certainly qualifies as one who messed pretty darn badly also,
and finally admitted the error of his ways when Jesus knocked him off his
horse.

Peter denied Christ several times, but Paul was instrumental in the death
of some of Christ's followers. There had to have been a tremendously
difficult task of reconciliation there. I certainly couldn't go through
that.

James W. Oppenheimer-Crawford