[Magdalen] signng the mass is HARD

ME Michaud michaudme at gmail.com
Sat Feb 17 14:05:03 UTC 2018

I was thinking.
I remember when I started seeing music as three (and even four) dimensional.
When I was little, because of the way it’s written on the page, I thought
music was linear, left-to-right even. Clockwork & mechanical. Predictable.
And then one day, when I was eleven or twelve maybe, I suddenly saw music
as NOT linear, but as existing in space and time. My piano lessons were
never the same :-)

Anyway. Because of the way it’s written, I tend to think as language in the
same way. But it’s not, of course, and the three-dimensional practice of
ASL, however hard it is and however bad I am at it, is making me think of
language in a different way.
-M