[Magdalen] a Good News story

Ginga Wilder gingawilder at gmail.com
Mon Feb 19 14:10:21 UTC 2018

Overcoming the schism in SC goes on a little at a time.

Yesterday, one of Good Shepherd's members brought Peach to church.  Peach
has just turned 100, and what a force she was earlier in her life.  (She
taught me to swim through the Red Cross program.)  Her daughter and I grew
up together.

Peach's mind is sharp as a tack!   Fifteen or so years ago, Peach left St.
Paul's - the schismatic congregation in Summerville because the theology
and protocols of St. Paul's 'did not bless her.'  Later on, she transferred
to a small mission congregation that was easier for her to access. In the
meantime, she moved into a retirement center in Summerville, has vision and
hearing difficulty.  Always an every Sunday worshiper, and now unable to
drive, she has been attending a Presbyterian service where she lives. Peach
is fully an Episcopalian.

Good Shepherd has fine traditional worship.  And, many of those present
yesterday welcomed Peach with great joy....a great reunion!  As Peach was
leaving following both Adult Ed and worship yesterday, she wiped her eyes,
saying, 'how blessed I am to have worshiped in this holy place!'  Peach
will be back; we will see to that.

Thanks be to God.
Ginga

Virus-free.