[Magdalen] St Nick - was Facial Adornment.

M J _Mike_ Logsdon mjl at ix.netcom.com
Mon Feb 19 18:35:48 UTC 2018

>>>On one occasion this Saint Nick look-alike was requested at a party
thrown by a transsexual retired physician friend.  Little did I know that
he scheduled the hymn, "Hail Holy Queen Enthroned Above," on my
ascent to the "cathedra."  That all gave me a matching red face, as well.<<<

At St Paul's, Salinas, many years ago, a fellow had agreed to be St Nicholas for the kiddies.  As he was standing there, all in red vestments topped off with red mitre, and holding crozier in one hand and slip of paper from which he read in the other, it became abuntantly clear at one precise moment that he hadn't "studied his lines" beforehand.  He noticeably stumbled as he said that he was "the patron saint of seamen".  In my head:  "SeaFARING men!  SeaFARING men!"

M J (Mike) Logsdon.

"Aaugh[.]" -- Charles Brown.
"Avoid dull needles and use a soft cloth." -- E Kovacs.
"...[My mouth is a] shithole..." -- 45th US President.