[Magdalen] Facial Adornment.

cantor03 at aol.com cantor03 at aol.com
Tue Feb 20 05:18:15 UTC 2018

They made an attempt to use the jazz version.

On the subject of the much used "Hail Holy Queen Enthroned Above" hymn
(in the RC Church), I've never heard the organ accompaniment and singing
anywhere match that at Saint Mary the Virgin, Manhattan (Episcopal).  It is
sung each Feast of the Assumption (15 August) with unmatched gusto.  I will
mention on the occasion of a Solemn Evensong at the local Procathedral of
Saint Stephen, we did pretty well, too.  However both of these versions were
not that of the fun movie, "Sister Act," but rather the straight forward hymn
version.

David S.