[Magdalen] Diocese of Virginia - regions & changes

Grace Cangialosi gracecan at gmail.com
Wed Feb 28 15:47:35 UTC 2018

Cady, that’s a terrific summary of the whole history of our regions! I’ve never seen it put so succinctly!

There has been much conversation over the years about the need/purpose of regions—whether it’s just one more layer of hierarchy to deal with. But some regions, like yours, have wonderful cooperative ministries that couldn’t be done by single churches. Our Region has a thrift shop, which provides all kinds of funds for outreach, but that’s the only region-wide project. Some churches do things together, but those aren’t regional projects.
I’m glad they’ve reconfigured the regions more by geography. The region I was in before was 100 miles from top to bottom, and pall churches but one were small. Folks did not like traveling for regional meetings!

You and Ben Shelton will make a great Dean-President team!!  I’ve supplied in most of those churches, and they are a great group of folks; I wish you every blessing!

Grace