[Magdalen] Book Stores

Mahoney, W. Michael wmmah at stoneledge.net
Thu Jan 4 19:41:31 UTC 2018

I was in a Barnes and Noble Bookstore yesterday, killing time while my car
was being serviced.

The store has large sections devoted to Philosophy and Religions, with
various subsections.  One subsection is labeled as "Atheism and
Agnosticism".  There are several other subsections the label of which
includes the word "Christian" or "Christianity".

My guess is that the books in the so-called Christian sections outnumber
the ones in the "Atheism" and "Agnosticism" section by a thousand to one -
- maybe more!

On the other hand, I bet that if one picked at random one book each from
the two, the one from the "Atheism . ." section would be more interesting
as well as better written.

There is a lesson there somewhere.

Mike M.