[Magdalen] Prayer List

Grace Cangialosi gracecan at gmail.com
Fri Jan 5 17:45:16 UTC 2018

When I first went to my parish in the mountains I had a hard time convincing people that I would not be giving out details of folks’ illnesses during church or at any other time without their express permission. I said they could call the person or a family member. This was definitely a new practice, and they didn’t like it.
Of course, this was also at a time when the weekly paper listed all admissions and discharges for the local hospital! (Fortunately, they didn’t give the specific reasons!) HIPPA put a stop to that.