[Magdalen] Safely arrived (was Travel prayers)

Kristin Rollins kristin at verumsolum.com
Sat Jan 6 20:25:47 UTC 2018

We safely arrived home early this afternoon. We had overnighted in Charlotte and had no problems in our drive, mostly on I-85 and US 58. Shortly before the NC/VA line, we started seeing snow in the grass. It was probably about Emporia, VA before we saw it at any measurable depth, but the roads were fine on US 58 and the Interstates we were on in Hampton Roads. The city streets were a little scary, since I have had (until today) zero behind-the-wheel wintry road condition driving time.

Our apartment complex, OTOH, is a horror show. The roads and the parking spots are completely unplowed. It was only thanks to finding a vacated spot, and the assistance of a shoveling neighbor (who had to help push us from being stuck two or three times while we pulled into that spot, as well as help shoveling some of the snow ahead of us to attempt to prevent us from getting stuck again.

We're obviously not going to church tomorrow. And Heather is obviously not going to the office Monday morning. Hopefully by Monday afternoon, enough will have melted to make things passable so we can leave the apartment complex. (Especially because I think it's supposed to stay in the 40s overnight, so we shouldn't have to deal with refreezing.)

The church we've been attending this Advent is hoping to stream their main service on Facebook, so that may be what we do tomorrow morning.

Kristin

--
  Kristin Rollins
  kristin at verumsolum.com