[Magdalen] Cool Blossom.

James Oppenheimer-Crawford oppenheimerjw at gmail.com
Tue Jan 9 07:12:27 UTC 2018

There was a fascination for 5/4 time in the 1800s. Tchaikovsky uses it to
good effect in the sixth Symphony Scherzo.
Another composer, Ewald, uses it very nicely in his brass symphony.
If one wants to go find some interesting rhythms, go to the 1300s to the
1500s.  They were jazzier than jazz folks dreamed.

James W. Oppenheimer-Crawford